Monday, March 1, 2010

Chic Oregon Grandma Reveals Secrets of Conquering Fear of Calling Leads Through Brainwashing

Written by Lynn Jones on Feb 23, 2010 11:04 PM
Article source: http://www.betternetworker.com/articles/view/sponsoring-and-recruiting/phone-skills/chic-oregon-granmma-reveals-secrets-of-conquering-fear-of-calling-leads-thr

NO! No way! I can’t call my leads.

What would I say?

My mind might go blank!

I would probably get tongue-tied.

What if they asked a question I didn’t have the answer for?

What if they knew more than me?

I will never be able to do that!



These are thoughts that would run through my mind in the past. So many unfounded fears filled my mind. I’m sure most of you never suffered from this malady, so this is for the few shy ones out there.



In the beginning its imperative that we use our up line mentors to help us with calling our leads. Three way calling is an excellent way to get the training and learn the necessary phone skills so that we can step up to the plate and start batting on our own.

I was so comfortable allowing my mentors to call for me. They were so good at it, they knew just what to say and they said they loved to do it. There was no stress on my part, my palms didn’t get sweaty, my stomach didn’t churn…..So, why not let them, I thought, as I sat back leisurely and enjoyed my beverage of choice.



UNTIL….

I came to the stunning realization…..I could not allow this to go on. I could not stay in this infant stage any longer. How am I ever going to become any kind of leader if I can’t get past this hurdle? What was I going to do? Well, how about Grow up or Stretch myself? But I was petrified! I knew I needed to take the bull by the horns, but getting on that animal seemed a painful process.



UNTIL……

I began to brainwash myself. You can call it self talk or auto-suggestion or anything you prefer. I had learned enough about self-development and having the proper mindset on my journey to know how powerful these techniques are, and I had no other choice.



So I began to tell myself something similar to this:

“I love calling my leads! I am confident, willing, ready and excited to talk to them. I look forward to getting to know them and they will sense my genuine concern for their success. I feel comfortable and I know just the right things to say.”



At first, making the phone calls was a bit awkward. But hey, pat myself on the back…..I was actually doing it.

Then I got to feeling more comfortable. I was getting really good at leaving messages. I even got some compliments from my mentors. :)

And after a time……I did find I really was actually enjoying it.



A few basic things to help along the way:



1. Start with a script in the beginning. It helps to have something in front of you as a guideline to keep you on course.

2. Smile big and give yourself a little pep talk before you dial. :)

3. Put duct tape over your mouth to make sure you do more listening than talking.

4. Be genuinely interested in the person you are calling. Ask questions to draw them out to find out about them. Are they currently trying to build an income from home? What do they do for a living? Ask about their family. Basically, just get to know them, develop a relationship. Some people like to refer to “FORM” as a guideline in asking questions, which stands for:

F=family

O=occupation

R=recreation

M=money



5. Find out their pain…their biggest struggles. Let them know you can help them and point them in the right direction.

6. Then Follow Up. The fortune is in the follow up.



And you know, I quickly realized, the tape playing in my brain was really unfounded fears. I was dwelling on the wrong things for sure. All I needed was to erase the tape and put in a new program.



Better go now…..I have calls to make.

Lynn Jones

http://www.idealprofitsystem.com

No comments:

Post a Comment